This project came about because I desperately needed something to replace the table we made for our Doll Craft Room: Although I really liked this table, its little legs were constantly threatening to snap (I told Mandy those sticks were too thin!).
So last week I decided the time had come to replace it. However, I wanted something besides your standard ol’ table…something more like this:
That’s right, a writing, or better yet, a crafting desk!
This is just a rough sketch of what I had in mind, but you get the idea. So I grabbed my tools (plus few of Mandy’s) and got started.
How To Make A Doll Desk:
- 1/16-inch thick craft wood. I used two board that were 3″ wide and 24″ long).
- An Exacto knife. And remember to be careful—Exacto knives are super sharp!
- Glue. I used wood glue, but any glue will work…even hot glue.
- Paint. Be creative and paint it whatever color you like!
- Two pieces for the sides (one right and one left).
- One piece for the top.
- One piece for the bottom.
- A piece for a middle divider.
- And two pieces for the back.
So, when she found out I needed white paint, Mandy’s mother gave me this–and I’d be a fool to pass on “one coat coverage”! However, you can definitely use regular craft paint for this project.
I adjusted the size a little to give room for the top shelf.